Saturday, August 25, 2007

Most underrated Musician Ever........Bob Seger

I wish I were joking, but the more I think about it the more I realize that Bob Seger was brilliant. Before he became the fat graying pathetic state-fair fixture he is today, he released a string of consistently amazing albums from the late sixties to early eighties. The early stuff is super rough garage rock, the early seventies output with the Bob Seger system is as good or better than any psych rock album of the time and it's impossible to be a kid from the Midwest and not have a secret love for the silver bullet band years. Now, those of you that know me understand that in a week or so my infatuation will fade, but for tonight, Bob Seger = most underrated artist ever. Show your respects by drinking at inappropriate hours, working on your car, and getting a sweet job with the city parks department.

No comments: